Apps are made to help us and make life easier: relieving stress, getting organized, keeping focused—all coming from our smartphones. So what are the hottest new apps available right now? Let’s take a look.
Go Backup Pro - Android
Let’s start with the ability to back up all our hard work, key files, contacts; you know, our efficient life! With Go Backup Pro you can do all this in a snap. It’s fast, safe, stable and developed by the Go Dev team. You can even back up messages, system settings, apps; and Cloud Backup is supported. As of this article, it already has a 4.2 rating on GooglePlay, including 1,543 five star reviews.
Planner Pro - iOS
A powerful, full-featured app that helps you take charge of your life, Planner Pro makes your day flow better. This is an all-in-one app, so you don’t have to go elsewhere when it comes to events, tasks and notes.
- Events: You can sync with your iOS calendars and events or hide the ones you don’t want to use. Easily add, manipulate or delete events altogether. Has recurring features, all-day and cross-day events as well as manually entered time slots.
- Tasks: Create tasks, sub-tasks, recurring tasks and projects with five different statuses. Set priorities for both tasks and projects with reminders for each.
- Notes: You can create an unlimited number of notes for any day you desire and manipulate those notes in day, week and month views.
- Extras: You can view the app in both landscape and portrait views, use advance search features, set the first day of the week manually and utilize task modules.
Scrapnote - iOS
Love to scrapbook? I do and I fell in love with Scrapnote when I saw how easy it was to capture aspects of websites, including pictures and even online videos. This app has features you just won’t find anywhere else, which makes it not only useful—but wholly unique. You can create notes, collect information and decorate it anyway you desire with the various skins provided. You will LOVE how you can add your personal touches through the handwriting feature. Draw, scribble, write, even paint with a quill, highlighter and marker. What kind of data can you manipulate and scrapbook?
- Youtube videos—allowing you to replay them at any time.
- Evernote data stored in your computer.
- Copy and Paste feature allows you to grab stuff from other applications and use it as you see fit.
- Document files like PDF’s, doc, xls, key and ppt, pages and numbers. Think about it—all the best apps, now beautified with your personal touch.
- World Wide Web—using the “bookmarklet” on Safari or iPad and then Scrapnote it.
Task Manager – Windows Phone
It may look simple—but there are times when simple is exactly what we need. Task Manager is an app to keep you focused on what’s most important, today. Customize the categories of tasks, assign five levels of priority and set reminders. You can always add, delete and pin to the tile tasks. The interface is crisp and clean, easy to read and understand.
Task Scheduler - Windows Phone
I loved this app for its simplicity and looks. I’m a very task-oriented person, and goals are a daily focus, so having the streamlined ability to enter my “to do” list and start running is important. There’s something about the gradient orange, red and blue that makes it feel…elegant for some reason. Easy to set, easy to use and completely free, you should give Task Scheduler a try.
Quora – Android
This app is brilliant, because it’s all about getting answers to your questions. With a voice enabled search feature, you can ask all the questions you want and get them in record time. You can also share your knowledge and receive answers with friends and family via your favorite social network. You will have to sign up for a Quora account and it only provides English-content at present; the account requires you to use your real name for transparency.
The Decision App – iOS
I had to include this app for the simple reason that there are times when I loose sight of what I’m doing everything for. Goals can, at times, feel overwhelming and we may find ourselves floundering—that’s where this app comes in. The Decision App helps you visualize your goals to get back on track by analyzing complex variables to make the best decisions possible. Built on the best-known decision-making models, you can brainstorm and strategically nail the best course of action.
Have you found a hot new app that you’d like to share with us? Please leave us a comment below and tell us about it!
Photo by IntelFreePress
This post was generously written by Dwayne Thomas. Dwayne is a tech enthusiast and staff writer for cabletv.com. He welcomes your feedback on Twitter @DwayneThomas15.