Fall has arrived and that means it’s time to start readying our homes for the change in season. In order to prepare you and your home for the cooler weather, we’ve put together a list of simple organizing projects.
1) Warm Season Gear: Organize and store items such as pool toys, beach towels, and outside sporting equipment.
2) Garden: Prune your perennials, add a layer of insulating mulch for plant warmth, and trim trees that could provide a threat to your home during a winter storm.
4) Pool: Schedule an appointment for your pool to be winterized and mark the close-up date on your calendar.
5) Weather-proofing: Determine if your windows, doors, or pipes needs weather proofing or insulating. Clear out gutters and downspouts.
6) Heater check: Have a professional firm come and inspect your heating system before turning it on. If applicable, have the chimney swept.
7) Closet Changeover: Conduct the Fall closet changeover using the process outlined here. While you’re at it, purge summer items that were not worn this year from the collection.
8) Artwork: Set up a system for displaying, temporarily storing, and keeping children’s school artwork.
9) Prep the Coat Closet: Clear out space and organize the coat closet to accommodate for regular use.
10) Reverse Ceiling Fans: Keep the warm air down by reversing your ceiling fan blades.
11) Clean out the Pantry: Review the contents of you pantry and toss anything that’s expired or not being eaten.
12) Roof: Inspect your roof and repair any broken shingles.
13) Lawn: Have your sprinklers winterized and prep the lawn for the cold weather.
14) Deck: Put down a fresh coat of sealer on your deck and get patio furniture covers, if needed.
Good luck with your organizing projects and have a happy Fall season.